Baked Rice with Caramel Custard and BananasCourse: DessertCuisine: EuropeanDifficulty: Easy
1 cup of rice
1 ½ custard powder
1 cup coconut milk
2 Tbsp coconut sugar
1 Tsp peanut, almond or cashew butter
1 cup chopped dates
- Cook rice in 1 1/4 cup water and 3/4 cup coconut milk
- Follow the instructions to make your custard with plant-based milk, a teaspoon of vanilla and coconut sugar.
- Combine cooked rice and custard in a baking dish.
- Mix through chopped dates and a teaspoon of peanut butter.
- Top with sliced bananas and sprinkle with coconut sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 160° and when all is caramelized
- Serve with coconut cream
- Add a cinnamon stick to the rice when cooking it
- Add nuts and flaked chocolate to the topping if you like1 1/2
- Add cocoa or melted chocolate into the hot custard for a chocolate custard
Liked this? We think you'll enjoy these recipes:
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Cassava Cake • April 29, 2022 Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: …