Black Bean and Cheese ChimichangaCourse: MainsCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Medium
Pack of soft tortilla wraps allowing 3 per person
3 cloves of garlic crushed
2 tsp salt
3 tsp cumin
2 tsp oregano
Half a red pepper, diced
1-2 cups of chopped vegetables
of your choice like cauliflower, mushrooms
3 Tbsp tomato paste
Can of black beans or refried beans or pinto beans
Oil to fry
¾ cup of grated Angel Food cheddar
Serve with salad, guacamole and hot sauce
- Fry the onion, pepper and garlic until the onion is clear, stirring all the time.
- Add the cumin, oregano and the other vegies and cook on high for 5 minutes stirring and adding a tiny bit of water if it’s sticking.
- Add the tomato paste and can of beans , simmer and reduce for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and construct the burritos by holding them in your hand. Place a spoonful of the mix and some grated cheese in the middle and fold it like a small package to keep all the ingredients inside.
- Place them upside down on an oven try (to hold the seals tight ) and bake for 10-15 minutes or until they are golden brown on top.
- You can add vegan cheese to the outside of the packages for the last 5 mins too if you like. The packages can also be shallow fried instead of baked.
- Serve with salad, guacamole, salsa and hot sauces!
- You can experiment with the recipe and stuff your tortilla with ingredients you like!
- Chimichanga is a deep-fried burrito that is popular in Tex-Mex, Southwestern U.S. cuisine. The dish is typically prepared by filling a flour tortilla with a wide range of ingredients, most commonly rice, cheese and beans, and folding it into a rectangular package.
- Video and Photos courtesy of Green Kai. For this and lots more gorgeous recipes check out instagram https://www.instagram.com/greenkai_/
Liked this? We think you'll enjoy these recipes:
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Jackfruit Chop Suey with Noodles • May 5, 2022 Christmas Sandwich • May 5, …