Broccoli curry udonCourse: DinnerCuisine: ThaiDifficulty: Medium
200 g dry round udon noodles
200 g broccoli florets
Medium red onion, thinly sliced
2 tsp fresh minced ginger
3 cloves garlic, minced/finely chopped
Big pinch red pepper flakes
2 c vegetable broth mixed with 2 tsp cornflour
2 tsp curry powder
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 c canned coconut milk
4 tsp sesame seeds
- Cook udon according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
- Sauté broccoli in a large pan over medium heat in 2 tsp olive oil for about 7 minutes. Keep covered except to stir a few times.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Sauté onions in 2 tsp oil for about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to the bowl with the broccoli.
- Sauté the garlic and ginger in a little oil for about 1 minute.
- Add the red pepper flakes, vegetable broth/cornflour, curry powder, and soy sauce.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Let thicken a bit, for about 3 minutes.
- Mix in coconut milk and turn off the heat.
- Add noodles, broccoli, and onion to the pan and mix to coat.
- Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds.
- You can use spaghetti if you can’t find udon, half the pack for 2 servings