Carrot & Courgette CakeCourse: DessertCuisine: EuropeanDifficulty: Easy
2 cups flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 and a half cups grated carrot (or courgette)
1 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp each cinnamon, ground ginger, mixed spice
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup soy milk
1 tsp salt and 1 cup cooking oil
1 cup currants
- Mix the dry ingredients together (except baking soda).
- Add oil, currants, and carrot/courgette.
- Dissolve baking soda in milk and stir into mixture.
- Add a little water if necessary (usually required if you’re using wholemeal flour).
- Bake in greased tin for 45 to 55 minutes (until a knife or skewer comes out clean) at 180°C.
- Remove from oven and leave it to stand for five minutes before turning out.
- Mixture can be used in muffins or in larger cakes!
- Serve warm with soy cream or leave to cool and smother in icing.
Liked this? We think you'll enjoy these recipes:
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Banana Sago Pudding • April 30, 2022 Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these …
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Jackfruit Chop Suey with Noodles • May 5, 2022 Peppermint Bounty Bombs • April …