Carrot & Pineapple CakeCourse: DessertCuisine: EuropeanDifficulty: Easy
1 1/2 cups sliced carrots (180g)
3 cups diced pineapple (480g)
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 tbsp oil or vegan butter
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp flour of choice, excluding coconut
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 1/2 tbsp sugar of choice
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease an 8-inch square pan.
- Finely grate the carrots then combine with the pineapple, vanilla extract, and melted buttery spread or oil.
- In a separate bowl, combine all remaining ingredients.
- Pour wet into dry, and stir to combine.
- Transfer to the prepared pan, and bake 35 minutes or until golden.
- The recipe will be crumbly in the first few hours, but if left overnight in the fridge it becomes firmer.
- Eat warm or cold, topped with coconut yoghurt or your favourite ice cream. Leftovers can be refrigerated or frozen.