Cashew Mac N Cheese
1 ½ cup Cashew Nuts (Raw)
2 x Garlic Clove
4 ¾ Tbsp Nutritional Yeast Seasoning
1 ½ cup High Protein Almond Milk
½ tsp Ground Turmeric
½ tsp Ground Paprika
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 Tbsp Dion Mustard
1 x Vegetable Stock Cubes
¼ cup Lemon Juice
3 cup Macaroni Pasta
½ cup White Bread Crumb
1 handful Fresh Curly Parsley
- Soak the cashews in water overnight. Alternatively, boil the cashews in water gently for 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- To make the sauce, add the soaked cashews, garlic, nutritional yeast, soy milk, turmeric, paprika, onion powder, dijon mustard, vegetable stock and lemon juice to a blender. Blend on high speed until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the pasta as per packet instructions, then drain.
- Stir the cashew sauce through the pasta, then add to an oven dish. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and chopped parsley.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Serve hot.