Chickpea Tuna Sandwich
1 can of chickpeas, rinsed
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp vegan aioli/ mayo (skip or swap for olive oil if you want it healthier)
1 nori sheet or 1 tsp of seaweed powder (if available to you)
1 celery stick, chopped;
1 shoot of spring onion, chopped
Wholemeal or gluten- free bread, if using
Ground pepper to taste
- Using kitchen scissors, roughly cut the nori sheet in small pieces, then blend into almost powder consistency in a coffee or seed grinder. If you don’t have a coffee grinder, you can just chop the
- nori sheet into small pieces, but the result will be better if you can achieve a powder consistency!
- In general, I recommend having a coffee grinder at home, even if you don’t drink coffee. It’s usually very affordable and amazing for grinding seeds, which are super healthy for kids and versatile in many recipes. If you already have seaweed powder, skip this step and
- just add it to the mixture.
- Toast the whole meal bread if you’re using it and want it crispy.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas. In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, 2 tbsp of olive oil and the nori powder. Mash using a potato masher, until soft but still a bit chunky. Add more olive oil if needed for a smoother consistency.
- Chop the celery and spring onion, add to the bowl and mix well. Add 2 tbsp of vegan aioli and mix. Add pepper to taste.