Chocolate Ganache Torte
½ cup almonds
½ cup walnuts
1 cup pitted dates
1 tbsp chia seeds
3tbs cacao powder
½ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
Splash water, as required
3 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight in water
½ cup coconut cream
½ cup icing sugar
½ tsp salt
3 tbsp white vinegar
¾ cup cacao powder
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 cups water
- For the base, blend everything except the dates and water in a food processor until it becomes a fine texture similar to breadcrumbs. Then add dates one by one until they are finely chopped and immersed well into the
mixture. Right at the end add 2 tbsp water and you’ll find the mixture will suddenly clump together and become a nice sticky texture.
- Press this down firmly at the base of a spring loaded cake tin and smooth it
down evenly using the back of a spoon.
- For the filling, rinse and drain the cashews and add these to a blender along with all other filling ingredients. Blend until velvety smooth (1 - 2 minutes) and then pour this mixture into the cake tin.
- Cover and set in the fridge until ready to serve. This can also be stored in the freezer if you prefer it to be a firmer texture (don’t worry it doesn’t come out rock hard - you can still eat it straight from the freezer!).
- When ready to remove, remove from cake tin and top with seasonal fruit.