Cinnamon RollsCourse: DessertCuisine: EuropeanDifficulty: Medium
1 cup soya milk
1/3 cup dairy-free margarine
1/3 cup brown sugar
90ml water and 1 tablespoon active yeast
4 cups flour and ½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup soft brown sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon
½ cup margarine and ¾ cup walnuts
- Heat milk, water, margarine/plant butter and sugar in a medium-sized pot until the margarine is melting.
- Tip into a large bowl. Check that the mix is warm, not hot, and stir in the yeast. (If hot, let it sit before adding the yeast.)
- Add flour and salt and stir well.
- Tip it out on to a floured surface and knead until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Put it back in the bowl in a warm place and allow to rise until doubled in size (1 or 2 hours).
- Punch the dough down and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix all the filling ingredients together.
- Roll the dough into a 30cm square (for 8 large rolls) or a 30cm x 60cm rectangle (for 16 more moderate rolls).
- Spread filling evenly across the dough. Roll the dough up (from the long side, if you’ve made a rectangle) and pinch the seam to seal.
- Slice into pieces, and set on a lined baking tray.
- Put the tray in a warm place for about an hour, until doubled in size.
- They’re now ready to bake in a preheated 180C oven for about 30 minutes, until the tops are golden brown and sound hollow when tapped
Liked this? We think you'll enjoy these recipes:
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Cassava Cake • April 29, 2022 Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: …