Cranberry & Oreo No Bake SliceCourse: DessertCuisine: EuropeanDifficulty: Easy
1.5 packets vanilla biscuits (vegan)
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
200 g vegan butter/margarine
1 tin coconut sweetened condensed milk
1 packet dried cranberries (about 200g, but any quantity works)
1/2 packet of finely chopped dried apricots
Half a packet of roughly chopped Oreos
Desiccated coconut for rolling
- Crush the vanilla biscuits into crumbs (easiest in a food processor, but it’s possible in small batches in a blender, or by hand with a rolling pin).
- Mix in the cocoa powder, margarine and sweetened condensed milk – mix well, until totally combined.
- Stir in the cranberries, apricots and Oreos, mix gently until they are evenly distributed (the mixture is thick, so this is often easier by hand).
- Shape the mixture into logs and roll in desiccated coconut. If the mixture is too wet to shape, add in some desiccated coconut. Chill in the fridge or freezer for at least 4 hours, until firm, then slice.
- Note: this recipe is very flexible – if you don’t have or don’t like cranberries, Oreos or apricots, you can use whatever mix-ins you like. The water content of margarines vary, so add in extra coconut if it’s too wet. This freezes really well, so it’s great for making a double batch
- Vanilla biscuits can be purchased from vegan shops, or look out for ‘accidentally vegan’ biscuits at the supermarket, eg budget/value vanilla rounds.
- Coconut sweetened condensed milk you can get from vegan and specialty food shops. There are also recipes online for making your own.
Liked this? We think you'll enjoy these recipes:
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Pineapple Coconut Loaf • April 29, 2022 Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these …