Cypriot SaladCourse: Lunch, DinnerCuisine: Christmas, New ZealandDifficulty: Easy
1 bunch coriander, shredded
½ bunch parsley, shredded
½ red onion, finely diced
1 cup freekeh, or cracked wheat, or quinoa
½ cup puy lentils
1 cup of Palestinian cous cous
2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds
2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
2 tablespoons baby capers
½ cup currants or raisins
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or lemon juie
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive
Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
1 teaspoon cumin seeds toasted and ground
1 pomegranate or 2 tablespoons of pomegranate syrup
- Blanch freekeh and Du Puy lentils separately in boiling water until both just cooked.
- Drain well and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl place the coriander, parsley, red onion, tomato freekeh, lentils,
- toasted nuts and seeds, capers, currants, red wine vinegar and olive oil.
- Mix well, season to taste.
- Place into serving dish and top with pomegranate seeds (but not pith) or pomegranate syrup