Dark Chocolate & Espresso CheesecakeCourse: DessertCuisine: EuropeanDifficulty: Medium
1 Packet of Nice biscuits, crushed
75g plant butter, melted
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
A handful of hazelnuts crushed (optional)
500g dairy free dark chocolate
190g tub silken tofu
1 shot of espresso or 30mls of strong instant coffee
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/3 cup palm sugar, grated (optional)
- Heat your oven to 160oC and lightly grease a 20cm spring form pie tin with omega spread or sunflower oil.
- For the base, mix the crushed biscuits and hazelnuts with the butter and cinnamon.
- Press the mixture evenly on to the base of the tin and up the sides, using the back of a spoon to cover evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes then set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a simmering pot of water.
- Blend your tofu in a blender, then stir it through your chocolate.
- Pour into the pie dish and bake at 160oC for 20 minutes. Should feel a bit firm.
- Allow to cool before taking it out of the tin. Serve with loads of berries piled on top and a dusting of icing sugar
- Note: Silken tofu goes fantastically in cheesecake and mousse recipes. It’s different from your normal tofu and often found in a cardboard package on the non-chilled, normal supermarket shelves. Ask for it if you can’t find it.
Liked this? We think you'll enjoy these recipes:
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Cassava Cake • April 29, 2022 Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: …