7 Day Meal Plan
Vegan muesli – suggestions are Sanitarium Toasted Nuts and Seeds, Vogel’s Café-Style Almond and Ancient Grains or All Good Almond, Cashew & Linseeed. There are many others – just read the ingredients and watch out for things like milk and honey.
Non-dairy milk of choice such as soy, almond, oat, or rice. Try different onces until you find one you prefer.
Spiced butter beans with herbsCourse: LunchCuisine: MoroccanDifficulty: Easy
Juice of 1 lemon
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp of your favorite spice mix – I like Cajun, Moroccan, or Dukkah
1 can butter beans, rinsed and drained
1 green capsicum, diced
½ bunch parsley leaves, chopped
2 green onions, thinly sliced
4 sprigs of mint leaves, chopped
- Whisk together lemon, oil, and spice in a bowl.
- Stir all salad ingredients into the dressing.
- Taste and add salt as desired.
- You could add other ingredients as desired such as tomatoes, cucumber and other salad greens, and enjoy with fresh bread or crackers.
Pesto risotto with roasted courgetteCourse: DinnerCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
1 cup loosely packed basil leaves
1/4 cup walnuts
1 clove garlic
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp salt
225g courgette sliced
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 cup arborio rice
1/2 cup dry white wine
3 cup vegetable broth
- Combine the basil, walnuts, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt in a food processor and pulse until nearly smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 220C. Toss courgette with 1 tbsp oil and a dash of salt and pepper. Roast for about 10 minutes.
- Warm the vegetable broth in a saucepan.
- In a medium soup pot, sauté the onion in 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat until translucent.
Add the rice and stir. Add the white wine and stir occasionally, until wine is mostly absorbed. Turn the heat down to medium-low. Add the broth by the cupful, stirring the risotto until the broth is mostly absorbed (6 to 8 minutes). With your last addition, add the pesto. Season with salt and pepper, and serve topped with courgette.
- You may require more vegetable broth for this recipe - please allow for upto 4 cups