TakihiCourse: Mains, SidesDifficulty: Easy
2 good sized taro peeled and sliced thinly
One large pawpaw peeled and sliced thinly
1 litre of Kara coconut cream (you may or may not use it all)
- Mix the coconut cream with about ½ – 1 tsp of salt. Some people like to add a bit of water to their coconut cream depending on which brand they use, so that’s totally up to you. I don’t water mine down.
- Lay a oven tray out with foil going both ways, long enough so that you can wrap your takihi at the end.
- Layer the tray like a lasagna. Cover the bottom with some coconut cream first, then the taro, then the paw paw and drizzle more coconut cream over the top till it’s all covered. Do this one more time and then cover the top with taro and more coconut cream. Depending on the size of your takihi you may use up all the coconut cream. You don’t want it to be to dry or use to much coconut cream. But be generous if that makes sense lol.
- Close up the foil and wrap the takihi tightly. Bake in a pre-heated oven on 150 for about 2 hours. Check it after 1.5 hours with a knife. When taro is soft, it’s ready.
- TIP: Perfect with Vegan main dishes or on its own.
Liked this? We think you'll enjoy these recipes:
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Chocolate Mousse • April 29, 2022 Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: …
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Coconut Sago Pudding • April 29, 2022 Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these …