Bolognaise Cheese LasagneCourse: MainsCuisine: Italian, EuropeanDifficulty: Medium
- Cheese Sauce
2 tbsp vegan margarine and 1 onion
1 tbsp whole grain mustard
1 cup vegetable stock and 1 cup plant milk (not sweet)
1 heaped tbsp nutritional yeast
1 packet silken tofu (optional)
- Bolognaise Sauce
1 cup red lentils and 2 cans tomatoes, 1 cup water
2 heaped tsp vegan stock (Massel is good)
2 tsp each of oregano and paprika
1/2 tsp liquid smoke (optional)
1 tsp crushed garlic
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar.
1/3 cup bread crumbs and 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp oil
Bunch or two of spinach,
wilted and chopped
- To make the cheese sauce
- Cook till onions are soft.
- Mix the stock, plant milk, nutritional yeast and salt in a jug and then add to onion mixture. Stir over low/med heat till thickens.
- Blend the silken tofu with a stick blender and stir through the sauce. Tofu at end is optional, it thickens it further and increases protein but the sauce works great without it.
- To make the bolognaise sauce
- Put everything except vinegar into pressure cooker and cook till lentils done, (or just a normal pot with lid on the stove) then add vinegars.
- To make the parmesan
- Mix all ingredients in a cup.
- To assemble
- Order goes as follows: small amount (just enough to thinly coat the dish) of tomato sauce on bottom then pasta sheet, 1/2 spinach, 1/3 cheese sauce, pasta sheets, 1/3 tomato sauce, pasta sheet, 1/2 spinach, 1/3 cheese sauce, pasta sheets, 1/3 tomato sauce, pasta sheets, 1/3 tomato sauce, 1/3 cheese sauce.
- Top with vegan parmesan.
- Bake in 180 degree oven till poking a skewer through pasta sheets is easy-peasy. Take out and rest for 5 or 10 mins and then devour.
Liked this? We think you'll enjoy these recipes:
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Christmas Sandwich • May 5, 2022 Xmas Savoury Strudel • May 5, 2022 Tomato …