Meatball Chow MeinCourse: MainsCuisine: Pasifika, ChineseDifficulty: Easy
5 cloves garlic – crushed and chopped finely
1 tbsp ginger – chopped finely
500g meatless meatballs (Gardein are great)
2 tbsp soy sauce and1tsp seasame seed oil
2tsp chilli paste
1 head bok choy – chopped roughly
250g mushrooms – chopped roughly
½ broccoli – chopped roughly
1 scallion/spring onions – sliced
1 carrot – sliced
- Add oil to pan or wok, heat oil and add half the garlic, half the ginger and 1tsp chilli paste.
- Bake the vegan meatballs from frozen for 10 minutes (ignore this step if not frozen).
- Once you can smell the aromatics of the ginger, add the vegan meatballs; cook approximately 3 minutes on medium heat, add 1 tbsp soy sauce, stir through.
- Empty pan of mixture and set aside.
- Add roughly chopped broccoli and mushrooms and cook approximately for 3 minutes, add remaining garlic and ginger.
- Add seasame oil, bok choy and baby carrots; cook for approximately 2 minutes or until bok choy has slightly wilted.
- Once vegetables are cooked, add vegan meatball dish back to pan with quartered scallions, add 1 tbsp soy sauce.
- Serve with udon noodles.