Sweet and Sour Cauliflower BitesCourse: Mains, SidesCuisine: European, PasifikaDifficulty: Medium
¼ cauliflower washed and cut into small florets
¼ cup corn flour
1 tsp cider vinegar and 2 tbsp tomato paste
3 tbsp tamari (GF soy sauce)
1 clove fresh garlic grated and 1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp sea salt, ½ tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp smoked paprika
- FOR THE SAUCE
1/4 onion, 1/4 carrot, 1/4 celery
1 tin tomato pieces
1 tsp fresh chilli or chilli flakes
2 tbsp raw cane sugar
1 tbsp cider vinegar and 3 tbsp vege oil
Rice to serve
- Mix all your liquid ingredients with your cauliflower, stir together and let it marinade for 10 minutes.
- Mix your dry ingredients together and coat each saucy floret of cauliflower with the dry mix. Ensure that all is coated evenly.
- Deep fry at 160 degrees or bake them in the oven at 175 degrees Celsius for 10- 12 minutes until golden brown or just starting a crust on the outside.
- Use tongs to take them out of the fryer or set them aside if they were in the oven while you start your sauce.
- Serve with rice
- Garnish with sesame seeds, spring onions, coconut flour or chopped coriander.
- Can be made in bulk and frozen down once only, portion them before you freeze.
Liked this? We think you'll enjoy these recipes:
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Sweet Soy Noodles • April 29, 2022 Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these …
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: One Pot Quinoa • May 11, 2022 Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these …