7 Day Meal Plan
Scrambled TofuCourse: BreakfastCuisine: EuropeanDifficulty: Easy
1 ½ tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried thyme
½ tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, diced
½ capsicum, diced
2 cloves garlic
1 block firm tofu
½ carrot, grated
Sliced avocado, to serve
- Combine spices in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Saute the onion and capsicum until the onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Crumble the tofu into the pan and add the spices. Mix everything thoroughly.
- If it seems really dry then add water, a tablespoon at a time, until a nice egg-like consistency is reached.
- When the tofu is heated through and starting to brown, turn off the heat and grate some carrot over the top for colour.
- Serve with avocado sliced on top, with a side of toast.
Lentil and apple saladCourse: LunchCuisine: EuropeanDifficulty: Easy
juice of 1 orange
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp mustard
1 tsp maple syrup
1 clove garlic, minced
dash of salt and pepper
100 g rocket
1 can lentils, drained and rinsed
1 apple, sliced thinly
½ c roast unsalted almonds, chopped
- Whisk together orange juice, olive, oil, mustard, maple syrup and garlic.
- Toss lentils, apples, and rocket with dressing.
- Serve topped with almonds.
- You can also buy dried lentils. Cook using a ratio of 1 cup lentils to 2 cups water. Bring to the boil then simmer until water is absorbed.
Macaroni and “Cheese” BakeCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
250 g macaroni noodles
1 c potatoes, chopped
¼ c carrots, chopped
1/3 c onion, chopped
1 c water
1/3 c non-dairy buttery spread
¼ c unsalted cashews
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp lemon juice
¼ tsp black pepper
Handful of breadcrumbs
- Handful of breadcrumbs
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Combine potatoes, carrots, onion, and water in a small saucepan, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for just a few minutes until vegetables are soft.
- In a blender, combine vegetable mixture with buttery spread, cashews, salt, mustard, lemon juice, and pepper.
- Blend thoroughly, leaving part of the blender lid open to vent the steam.
- Combine this sauce with the cooked macaroni, and spread in a rectangular baking pan.
- Top with breadcrumbs. Bake for 30 minutes.
- You could also try topping with grated vegan cheese. See our dairy alternatives page for cheese options.