Pasifika 7 Day Meal Plan
Cereal (wheat biscuits) with plant milk.
KokodaCourse: Lunch, SidesCuisine: PasifikaDifficulty: Easy
150g fresh oyster mushrooms,
if not any type of fresh mushrooms will do
1 can of coconut cream
1/2 a capsicum, diced
1/2 a celery stalk, diced
1 tomato diced
50g of cucumber diced
1/4 of an onion
a sprinkle of coriander
- Soak mushrooms in lemon juice for at least 4 hours or overnight for more flavour
- Drain some of the lemon
- Dice mushrooms into small cubes. Combine mushrooms with coconut cream
- Dice rest of vegetables into small cubes and add to the mixture
Vakaloo Cabbage with RiceCourse: MainsCuisine: PasifikaDifficulty: Easy
4 Tbs oil
Juice from one lemon
Chillis to taste
Any other vegetables you enjoy
2 can of coconut cream
2 cup rice
- Cut the cabbage into strips
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cabbage strips and onion (and chilli if using).
- Then add the sliced tomato and any other vegetables you wish.
- Slowly add a can of coconut cream and same amount of water and stir.
- Boil all together then when it starts boiling, turn heat down to simmer.
- Let simmer for 20 minutes on a low heat and add lemon juice before serving.
- Serve on top of rice.
Cost Breakdown of Meals (Based on ingredients sourced from Countdown Supermarkets in Christchurch as well as Pasifika supermarkets. Prices may vary between regions)
Breakfast: Cereal (serves 4)
Total cost of meal:$6.75
Price per serve: $1.68
Lunch: Kokoda (serves 4)
Total cost of meal:$9.21
Price per serve:$2.30
Dinner: Vakaloo cabbage (serves 4)
Total cost of meal:$20.86
Price per serving:$5.21
TOTAL COST FOR DAY $36.82