Spaghetti BolognaiseCourse: MainsCuisine: Italian, EuropeanDifficulty: Easy
Can of lentils, drained, OR 250g dried lentils, rinsed and part cooked (for 10 minutes)
Tbsp olive oil and 4 cloves of garlic
1 red onion
200 g mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp oregano and 1 tsp thyme
1 tube tomato paste
3 cups vege stock
1/4 cup crushed walnuts
1 can diced tomatoes
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
half a pkt of spaghetti noodles
Vegan cheese ~ grated for topping
- Start by warming up your pan with olive oil. Put a small pot of water on and bring to boil.
- Dice your onion and add to the pan to sizzle. Slice up your mushrooms and add to your pan. If things stick just add a few tbsp of water to loosen. Once soft add the diced garlic, herbs and salt and pepper. Stir in the tomato paste then the stock.
- Meanwhile when your pot of water is boiling add the half of pkt of spaghetti noodles in and add a teaspoon of olive oil in so that the spaghetti doesn’t stick.
- Add the cooked lentils (or tinned, drained) and crushed walnuts (optional). Stir and let everything come to the boil, then take down to a simmer.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and stir in. Finish with adding the balsamic vinegar (or tsp sugar) and stir together.
- Plate up & grate your vegan cheese on top.
Liked this? We think you'll enjoy these recipes:
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Pani Popo • May 5, 2022 Mini Koko Samoan Pancakes • April 29, 2022 …