7 Day Meal Plan
Hearty PancakesCourse: BreakfastCuisine: EuropeanDifficulty: Easy
½ c plain flour
½ c wholemeal flour
½ c quick oats
3 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
1 1/4 c non-dairy milk
¼ c neutral-tasting oil, plus more for frying
1 tsp vanilla
Maple syrup, for serving
- Preheat a skillet or griddle to medium heat.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the centre, and add wet ingredients.
- Stir just until combined, lumpiness is to be expected.
- Add a little oil to the pan, then, using a greased 1/3 c measuring cup, scoop out some batter on to the hot griddle leaving space between each cake to manoeuvre a spatula.
- When the edges are dry (there won’t be many bubbles on the surface because the batter is so thick), flip the cakes.
- The second side should cook faster, about 2-3 minutes.
Quick sprout saladCourse: LunchCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
1 container mixed bean sprouts (you can usually find this near the bagged lettuce at the supermarket)
1 avocado, cut into chunks
large handful of brazil nuts or almonds
juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and ground pepper to taste
Optional accompaniment – a few slices of baguette
- Combine all ingredients.
- Goes nicely piled on slices of baguette, or just alone.
Tempeh and potato tacosCourse: DinnerCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Medium
1 tsp chili seasoning
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground coriander
pinch of oregano
pinch of thyme
pinch of cinnamon
1 tbsp olive oil
150 g waxy potatoes, cut in 1 cm dice
1 small red onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 red capsicum, diced
1/2 packet tempeh
guacamole or sliced avocado
- Combine spices in a small bowl and set aside.
- Crumble tempeh into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in skillet. When hot, add potatoes and sauté 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add red onion and garlic. Sauté an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender and potatoes are lightly browned.
- Add red pepper and sauté 3 minutes until all vegetables are tender.
- Add tempeh and spice mix and stir well to evenly distribute the spices. Sauté 3 minutes to heat through.
- Serve with tortillas, lettuce, and guacamole.