Egg Free Spanish FrittataCourse: LunchCuisine: EuropeanDifficulty: Easy
5 decent potatoes sliced thinly
Generous oil to fry
5 cloves of garlic
1 large onion
1 cup of fine chickpea flour
2 Tbs cornflour
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup of water
- Fry the potato slices until they are browned and crispy. Set them aside.
- Next fry the chopped onion and chopped garlic in oil until they look delicious and are soft.
- Mix together the chickpea flour, cornflour, olive oil, salt and water
- Fold all components together in a large bowl and turn the mixture into a well heated pan that has a generous amount of hot oil in it. Pouring into a cold pan makes the frittata hard to flip.
- Cook on a bit less than high heat for 10-15 minutes each side. The frittata will be starting to lift easily when investigated with a slicer.
- Next you have two options:
- Method 1. Be brave and strong and place a large plate upside down on top of your fry pan and flip the whole frittata over. If your frittata comes out cleanly you are blessed. If not just scrape it, grab it and repair the frittata with the parts that might be stuck to the pan. Clean off the pan, re-oil it and reheat it. Slowly slide the frittata off the plate- back into the pan to cook the second side, for the same amount of time.
- Method 2. is to simply grill the top side of the frittata in the oven slowly. Don’t burn it by grilling it too fast. Obviously you cant do this if your pan has a wooden or a plastic handle, in which case you will have to be brave and do method one. Even if you grill it, you may still have to flip it over to get it out of the pan. Or serve it hot from the pan!
- You can serve this hot or cold. Room temperature is best as it allows it to be cut up like slices of cake, as it cools. And it looks better on the plate!
- Serve with salad greens.
Liked this? We think you'll enjoy these recipes:
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Christmas Sandwich • May 5, 2022 Xmas Savoury Strudel • May 5, 2022 Tomato …