Fig SpreadCourse: Snacks, SpreadsCuisine: European, Middle EastDifficulty: Medium
1¼ cups dried figs sliced
2 cups water
1 tbsp olive oil
¾ cup chopped red onion
Zest and juice of one orange
½ tsp ground cardamom
¼ tsp ground allspice
¼ tsp salt
2 tbsp maple syrup
- Place the figs in a small saucepan with the water. Bring to the boil and simmer, with the lid off, until the water is reduced to about ½ cup.
- Sauté the onion in the oil until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the orange zest, juice, allspice, cardamon and salt, and stir to combine.
- Add the figs, and their liquid, to the onion mixture and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the maple syrup and remove from heat.
- When the mixture has cooled, blend in a food processor to desired consistency – chunky or smooth.
Liked this? We think you'll enjoy these recipes:
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Rich Vegan Gravy • May 5, 2022 2 Minute Mayonnaise • April 29, 2022 …
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Chipotle Cashew Dip • April 29, 2022 Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these …