Fresh Vegetable Stir FryCourse: DinnerCuisine: Chinese, EuropeanDifficulty: Easy
Oil to fry
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic crushed
tsp fresh or minced ginger
Mix of your favourite vegies:
(eg mushrooms, broccoli, green beans, cauliflower, red bell pepper, courgette, bok choi)
Soy sauce (tamari if gluten free)
Teriyaki tofu if desired
- Fry the onion, garlic and ginger until the onion is clear, stirring all the time. Add the mushrooms and fry, stirring for 5 minutues.
- If the vegetables are sticking add a little bit of vegetable stock – just enough to loosen them.
- Add your selection of broccoli, green beans and cauliflower next – they all take about the same time to cook.
- Next add the red pepper, courgettes (both sliced) and bok choi – none of this needs much cooking. Keep stirring everything as you add in seasoning such as soy sauce (or tamari soy for the gluten free version). You can even add tofu that you have marinated (or buy teriyaki tofu and add this in).
- Top with sesame seeds and coriander if desired.
- Coconut or sesame oil work really well for stir frys.
- You can add chilli flakes or chilli sauce, a dash of coconut cream, thai curry paste or many other seasonings, once you’re used to this basic go-to stir fry.