Frijoles (Cuban Black Beans)Course: MainsCuisine: Mexican, AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
1 Teaspoon Red Wine Vinegar
1 Bay Leaf
½ Vege Stock Cube
1 Cup Water
1 Tin Black Beans (Drained)
- In a blender whizz up the capsicum & onion.
- Heat up a tablespoon of oil and add the capsicum mixture, plus garlic to a frying pan. Fry for a few minutes until this mixture softens.
- Add the teaspoon of red wine vinegar and stir to reduce for a minute. Stir in the cumin, then add water and ½ a stock cube.
- Drain the beans and add them to the seasoning, then simmer until the liquid reduces into a delicious sauce.
- Serve over a bed of steaming white rice, with a dash of lime and chopped crunchy greens or wrap in soft tortillas with a salsa on the side.
- Serves 1-2
- Incredible frijoles usually take up to 3 hours to prepare, but you can use this 15 minute version to impress everyone.