Grain free crackersCourse: Lunch, snacksDifficulty: Medium
1 cup unsalted sunflower seeds, hulled (or pumpkin seeds)
1 teaspoon sea salt (the coarse kind is fine)
3 cloves of garlic, peeled
1 cup sesame seeds, hulled
Up to 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C.
- In the bowl of the food processor, using the regular metal blade, combine the sunflower seeds, salt, and garlic. Turn food processor on and let it whir for 2-3 minutes until the seeds have turned into a dense flour.
- Add in the sesame seeds and pulse to mix (the sesame seeds don’t need to mix all the way in). Slowly add in the water, a couple tablespoons at a time, until the seeds all clump together in a ball.
- Remove and knead to distribute the sesame seeds through the sunflower seed mixture. The mixture isn’t a very pretty colour at this point, but it improves beautifully with baking.
- Between parchment paper, roll the dough out until it is very thin for crisper crackers, or up to 1/2 cm thick for more sturdy crackers, in as close to a rectangle shape as possible.
- Using the parchment paper, flip the whole rectangle of dough onto a baking tray, keep the crackers on a layer of parchment paper to bake for easy removal.
- Cut into rectangles with a pizza cutter or sharp knife. We’ll use the cut lines to break the crackers on after they’re cooked.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool while still on the cookie sheet, then break along scored lines and serve.
Liked this? We think you'll enjoy these recipes:
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Christmas Sandwich • May 5, 2022 Xmas Savoury Strudel • May 5, 2022 Tomato …