Hearty PancakesCourse: BreakfastCuisine: EuropeanDifficulty: Easy
½ c plain flour
½ c wholemeal flour
½ c quick oats
3 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
1 1/4 c non-dairy milk
¼ c neutral-tasting oil, plus more for frying
1 tsp vanilla
Maple syrup, for serving
- Preheat a skillet or griddle to medium heat.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the centre, and add wet ingredients.
- Stir just until combined, lumpiness is to be expected.
- Add a little oil to the pan, then, using a greased 1/3 c measuring cup, scoop out some batter on to the hot griddle leaving space between each cake to manoeuvre a spatula.
- When the edges are dry (there won’t be many bubbles on the surface because the batter is so thick), flip the cakes.
- The second side should cook faster, about 2-3 minutes.