Italian Pasta SaladCourse: LunchCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Medium
300 g small pasta of choice
250 g cherry tomatoes
½ c chopped sundried tomatoes
1 handful pitted black olives
2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
½ c chopped fresh basil
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 tbsp white wine vinegar, or to taste
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and run under cold water to cool. Put the pasta into a bowl.
- Chop the tomatoes, olives, chives, basil and cucumber into pieces about half the size of the pasta and add to the bowl.
- Whisk together garlic, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix to coat.
- You could try adding a tin of mixed beans, and or pine nuts.
- Mixing vegan pesto into this salad is also a lovely option.