Jackfruit and Chickpea Coconut CurryCourse: MainsCuisine: PasifikaDifficulty: Easy
Can of chick peas and can of jackfruit
Can of coconut milk and can of tomatoes
2 large potatoes chopped and par boiled
3 tbsp of Indian Curry powder like chana masala
1 Red pepper, broccoli, beans of your choice
1 onion, cooking oil, salt
4 cloves of garlic, knob of ginger, 1 fresh chilli
Cashew nuts and chopped coriander to garnish
- Fry the onion, garlic, ginger, chilli till soft and fragrant.
- Add the curry powder, salt and red pepper and stir through for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, the par-boiled potatoes, the chick peas, the coconut milk and the jackfruit and cook for 20 mins or until cooked and tasty, on medium heat stirring through.
- Add the beans in for the final 5 mins.
- Serve into bowl and garnish with cashew nuts and chopped coriander if desired
- Serve with rice, naan bread and mango or lime chutney
- Jackfruit is used as a meat replacement for its amazing texture. Omit from the recipe if you can’t buy it near you.
Liked this? We think you'll enjoy these recipes:
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Pizza • April 29, 2022 Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Raw …