Jackfruit non-tuna ToastieCourse: LunchCuisine: EuropeanDifficulty: Easy
20oz can of jackfruit in brine
1/3 cup celery, finely chopped
1/3 cup carrots, finely chopped
3 tbsps red onion, 3 tbsps dill pickles
1/3 cup vegan mayo
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
2 tbsps lemon juice, 1 tbsp dijon mustard
2 tsp agave or maple syrup
1 tbsp fresh dill, 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp chilli flakes
1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper
1-2 tbsps vegan butter, 1-2 tbsps olive oil
Vegan cheese slices
- Drain and rinse the can of jackfruit. Shred the jackfruit, removing hard core and seeds.
- Finely chop the celery, carrots, red onion, and pickles. Add chopped veggies to the jackfruit and stir to combine.
- Whisk together the vegan mayo, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, mustard, agave syrup, fresh dill, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Then, add the mixture to the jackfruit and stir until evenly combined.
- Heat a large pan on medium heat with 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil and 1/2 tbsp of Vegan Butter. Add more olive oil and butter in between sandwiches, if needed.
- Slice bread and place a large helping of jackfruit no-tuna on top and 1 slice of vegan cheese. Close the sandwich with another piece of bread and place in the pan.
- Cook on both sides until golden brown and the cheese has melted. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- TIP: If vegan cheese doesn’t fully melt, remove top piece of bread and place the oven on broil. Heat the sandwich, cheese side up, until melted
Liked this? We think you'll enjoy these recipes:
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Christmas Sandwich • May 5, 2022 Xmas Savoury Strudel • May 5, 2022 Tomato …