Key Lime TartCourse: DessertCuisine: Christmas, AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 c almonds, 1 c dates
3/4 c desiccated coconut
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract, Pinch sea salt
1/2 tsp grated/dried ginger or
5 drops of ginger essential oil
2 large ripe avocados
4 limes zest of 1, flesh of 4
1/2 c liquid sweetener (coconut nectar or brown rice syrup)
1 tbsp vanilla extract, Pinch sea salt
6 drops lime essential oil (optional)
3/4 c coconut oil melted but cool
strawberries, freeze dried berries, and moringa/spirulina/greens powder
- Blend all the base ingredients in a food processor until chunky like a breadcrumb, so that it sticks
- together between your fingers but still has some nice texture to it.
- Pour into your tart tin (a French fluted one with a removable base) that’s lined with clear wrap
- (biodegradable if you can find it!).
- Press the base in and up the edges, moving around the sides
- with your palm, thumb and fingers to get a nice even thickness on all sides.
- Pop the base in the freezer while you prep your filling.
- Blend all your filling ingredients, minus the coconut oil, in a high-speed blender until super creamy
- and smooth.
- Pour in the coconut oil and blend again.
- Remove your tart shell from the freezer and pour in the filling.
- Then place in the fridge overnight to set.
- Sprinkle over your toppings, slice and enjoy!