LasagneCourse: MainsCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Medium
• 1 onion, diced
• 200 g carrots, sliced
• 250 g sprouted or cooked lentils
• 200 g zucchini, sliced
• ½ pepper, diced
• 1½ tsp basil, dried
• 1 tsp thyme, dried
• ½ tsp sugar
• ¼ tsp chilli
• 1 bottle passata or 400 g crushed tomatoes
• approx. 100 ml water
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• salt to taste
n• Lasagne sheets
- For the cheese sauce
• 70 g cashews*
• 200 ml water
• 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
• 1 tbsp flour
• 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
• ½ tsp salt
• 5 drops liquid smoke
• 1-2 pinch chilli
*Alternatively use 200 ml plant—based cream instead of cashews and water
- In a large pot or frying pan, heat up some oil and saute the onion.
- Add the remaining ingredients and let simmer for a few minutes.
- In the meantime prepare the cheese sauce by blending all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Start layering the lasagne by first covering the bottom of the baking dish with a thin layer of the lentil & veggie sauce. Drizzle with some of the cheese sauce. Then add a layer of lasagne sheets. Repeat until the dish is almost filled to the top. The last layer should be lentil & veggie sauce, topped with a final drizzle of cheese sauce.
- Bake for approx. 40 minutes. Should the top brown too quickly, cover it by placing an uncoated baking tray in the rack above.
Liked this? We think you'll enjoy these recipes:
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Jackfruit Chop Suey with Noodles • May 5, 2022 Beet Wellington • May 5, …
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Xmas Savoury Strudel • May 5, 2022 Lasagne • April 29, 2022 Liked this? …