Leek, Potato and Mushroom Soup
1x Onion, chopped
3x Garlic, peeled and chopped
1x Large Carrot, chopped small
6x Celery Stalks, chopped small
1x Leek, tough hard green leafy bits removed, sliced in half, then cut
4-5 Potatoes, washed and cut into 1cm cubes
8x Mushrooms, halved and sliced
2L Vege Stock
2 Tbs Nutritional Yeast
Salt and Pepper to taste
Toasted nuts and seeds (dry roast what you want in a frying pan and
toss continuously until browned, leave on a plate to cool down.)
Sliced Spring Onion
Halved Cherry Tomatoes
Salt & Pepper
- Cut and prep all veges as per the description.
- Boil water and create 2L of vege stock based on packet
- Put about 100ml of the stock in the pan.
- Add the onions and garlic, stir and cook for about 3-4 mins.
- Add the celery, carrots & leeks, stir and cook for another 5 mins,
- adding more stock as the frying pan dries out.
- Add the mushrooms and potatoes, stir and let it cook for 3-4mins.
- Add stock and bring to the boil. Stir in nutritional yeast and salt
- and pepper. Boil for about 10-15mins, or until the potatoes are
- cooked through.
- Use a stick blender to blend the soup together.
- Serve with toppings and sourdough or bread of choice.