Lentil Bolognese and Gnocchi
500 g Potato Gnocchi
1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 x Garlic Clove
1 sml Brown Onion
¾ Irg Carrot
2 cup Curly Kale
3 cup White Button Mushroom
1 cup Dried Red Lentils
2 cup Vegetable Stock (Liquid)
1 ½ cup Pasta Sauce Tomato & Roast Garlic
1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tbsp Italian Herbs
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast Seasoning
2 Tbsp Hemp Seeds
- Finely chop the onion, garlic, carrot and mushrooms.
- Wash and roughly chop the kale.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a pan. Add in the garlic and onion and cook until fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms and carrot to the pan and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the stock, lentils, pasta sauce, balsamic vinegar, herbs, paprika and chopped kale. Season well with salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, then let it simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the lentils are cooked through.
- While the sauce is cooking, cook the gnocchi as per packet instructions.
- Once the lentils are cooked and the sauce has thickened, stir in the nutritional yeast, hemp seeds and the cooked gnocchi.
- Garnish with fresh basil or parsley.