Vegan ‘Meatball’ SubCourse: LunchCuisine: Italian, AmericanDifficulty: Easy
2 baguette or sub roll
1 pack Gardein Meatless Meatballs
Jar pasta sauce
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Take 4 vegan meatballs from the pack and set aside.
- Place the baguette in the oven and cook for 5-10 minutes until the edges are a little crispy.
- Meanwhile, add the olive oil to a frying pan and once it’s hot add the individual meatballs to the pan.
- Cook them for 6-8 minutes, making sure that you are regularly moving and rolling them around the pan so that all sides are getting cooked through and that they’re slightly crispy on the outside.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the pasta sauce, coating the meatballs while the pan is still hot.
- Once the baguette is cooked, spread a layer of vegan mayonnaise across the top and bottom half. Then add the meatballs to the baguette, making sure they have plenty of sauce on.
- Finally, sprinkle a generous helping of vegan parmesan and fresh parsley on top and close it all up.
- TIP: It may be easier to cut the sub in half or use a burger skewer to keep it all together.
Liked this? We think you'll enjoy these recipes:
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Christmas Sandwich • May 5, 2022 Xmas Savoury Strudel • May 5, 2022 Tomato …