Mini Koko Samoan PancakesCourse: DessertCuisine: PasifikaDifficulty: Medium
1 cup self-raising flour or buckwheat flour
¼ tsp baking powder
20g grated koko Samoa
2 tbspn coconut sugar or raw cane sugar
2 tbspn coconut oil melted and a bit extra for cooking
1 ½ cup dairy free milk
- In a large bowl add all your dry ingredients and using a whisk get rid of any lumps.
- Make a well in the middle then add all the rest of your ingredients into the well.
- Mix thoroughly, from the inside out.
- Use a non-stick pan, heat a tsp of extra coconut oil or vege oil.
- Two tablespoons makes 1 portion of pancakes ~ you should be able to get between 4 – 6 individual pancakes.
- Cook on medium heat and flip pancakes over using a rubber spatula once the pancake is slightly set on top.
- Once ready take them out and cook the rest of your batter with some more coconut oil, margarine or vegetable – oil just enough to coat the non-stick pan this gives the pancake a nutty crust.
- PEANUT BUTTER SYRUP
- To make the peanut butter syrup you just need equal amount of boiling water and peanut butter.
- To add more sweetness it is optional to add golden syrup to the peanut butter and mix well using a whisk.
- When ready drizzle this on top of your pancakes and add your fruit compote.
- You can use fresh fruits or any old fruit going off cook with a preferable amount of sugar on medium heat until cooked, add lemon juice and whole spices like cinnamon quills or star anise to it to enhance the flavour.
- You can put a pot lid on top to cook the top quicker. Garnish with smooth peanut butter watered down with some hot water; add fresh berries and golden syrup
Liked this? We think you'll enjoy these recipes:
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Banana Coconut Breakfast Bites • April 30, 2022 Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy …
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Jackfruit Chop Suey with Noodles • May 5, 2022 Cinnamon Pears • May 5, …