Minimalist Butter ChickpeasCourse: DinnerCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
1 small onion, diced
2 tbsp garam masala
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
1 can chickpeas, drained
1 can diced tomatoes
3 tbsp canned coconut milk
1 c basmati rice
chopped coriander for garnish
- Cook rice according to package directions. (1 cup rice to 2 cups water, bring to boil then simmer until water all absorbed).
- Heat a few tablespoons olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Sauté onion until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garam masala and chilli, stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add drained chickpeas and cook for another minute or so.
- Add tomatoes and their juices and bring to a fast simmer. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring every now and then.
- When the sauce has reduced a little, stir in the coconut milk.
- Taste, and season with salt.
- Serve chickpeas over rice, topped with coriander.