Mushroom Sunflower Seed Burger Patties
100 g sunflower seeds(soak in water for approx. 4 hours, then rinse and drain)
200 g mushrooms, finely chopped
1/3 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp onion powder
1-2 pinches ground chili
1 tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos
50 g chickpea flour
50 g rice flour (or other gluten-free flour)
2 tbsp psyllium fiber husk
1 tbsp water or more, if needed
- After rinsing the sunflower seeds, let them drain thoroughly in a sieve.
- In the meantime mix the chopped mushrooms with salt in a bowl. Let soak until the mushrooms have shrunk noticeably and have become watery (approx. 30 minutes).
- Now add the sunflower seeds to the mushrooms and blend them roughly with a stick blender. Add the spices and stir to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stir to combine and let rest for a few more minutes.
- Form burger patties with wet hands and cook them either from both sides in a frying pan on low heat. Or bake them in the oven at 190°C for approx. 25 minutes (flip them in between)
- These burger patties are not only 100% plant-based but also gluten-free.The main ingredients are sunflower seeds and mushrooms. With a hearty mix of spices it creates a flavoursome burger patty that also has quite a firm texture, which makes them suitable for the bbq.