No-Bake Rich Dark Chocolate CheesecakeDifficulty: Easy
1 ¾ c (260g) vegan cookie crumbs (we used Kea gluten-free vanilla cookie crumbs)
3T (70g) vegan margarine (e.g. Nuttelex)
1 can coconut cream
1 block Whittakers dark chocolate
240g Angel Food plant-based cream cheese
- Line a 20cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Melt margarine and combine with cookie crumbs.
- Press into the base of the lined tin, and bake at 180C for 10 minutes.
- Place coconut cream, chocolate (broken into squares) and cream cheese in a double boiler and warm over medium heatl, stirring often, until cream cheese and chocolate are melted.
- Pour into a food processor and blend until smooth and luscious – then pour over cookie base and put in fridge to set.
- It will take several hours to be firm enough to serve, but you can make it a day or two ahead.