One Pot QuinoaCourse: MainsCuisine: EuropeanDifficulty: Medium
* 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
* 2 Garlic Cloves minced
* 1 White Onion Diced
* 1 small Sweet Potato diced
* 1 Red Bell Pepper diced
* 1 teaspoon Red Chilli Flakes
* 1 tablespoon Dried Mixed Herbs
* 1 14 oz can Chickpeas drained (420 gram can)
* 1 cup Green Olives sliced
* 1/2 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes chopped
* 1 cup White Quinoa uncooked
* 2 cups Vegetable Broth
* 1 teaspoon Sugar
* 3 cups Baby Spinach loosely packed
* 1 cup coriander chopped
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, kumara, red bell pepper, red chilli flakes and dried herbs. Sauté until fragrant and vegetables have softened, about 5 minutes.
- To the saucepan, add olives, sun dried tomatoes and drained chickpeas. Stir to combine.
- Add uncooked white quinoa to the pot and stir to combine. Pour in Vegetable broth and sugar and stir for 10 seconds. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to simmer for 20 – 25 minutes until liquid has been absorbed.
- Once cooked, leave covered for another 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove lid and stir in baby spinach and coriander. Let sit for a few minutes to allow Spinach time to wilt.
- Season with salt and pepper as necessary and serve warm.
Liked this? We think you'll enjoy these recipes:
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Jackfruit Chop Suey with Noodles • May 5, 2022 Beet Wellington • May 5, …
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Frijoles (Cuban Black Beans) • April 29, 2022 Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy …