The New Zealand Vegan Pie Awards
Celebrating the craft and skill of Vegan Piemakers throughout Aotearoa.
Thank you for registering your entry in the 2023 NZ Vegan Pie Awards
You may enter as many pies as you like, as many categories as you like, but each pie can only be entered once. eg a Gluten Free Mince and Cheese pie can enter either the GF or the Mince and Cheese category, but not both.
Cost is $15 per entry for Vegan Society business members and $20 per entry for non-members.
Awards: judging takes place on 23rd October at Crave Cafe, Auckland.
Registration closes 15th October.
Pies must be delivered (clearly labelled as per rules below) between 16th and 22nd October 2023
Address for delivery:
6 Morningside Drive,
Phone: 09-845 4714 www.cravecafe.co.nz
Please ensure delivery is during opening times:
Mon-Fri: 7am – 3.30pm | Sat: 7am – 4pm | Sun: 8am – 4pm
Rules and Information:
– all pies must weigh no more than 280gm (5 gm margin)
– all pies except gluten free, sweet and boutique must have flaky top and base pastry bottom.
– each pie type can only be entered into one category.
– your food licence must be sent to us along with TWO of each pie you are entering.
– please mark all pies with name of the pie and category its to be entered in to
– wholesale commercial pies: minimum of 4000 pies per week made on a factory machine line and distributed for retail.
– all pies must be available for sale at the time of the competition and beyond.
– the Vegan Society will post standard boxes out to contestants to use for sending your pies.
All pie entries must be entirely vegan – this means pastry and filling. We will be testing the winning pies to confirm there is no use of animal product.