Plant Based Sausage Rolls
300 g tofu, crumbled
Squeeze lemon juice
⅓ cup soy cream or ¼ cup plant milk
¼ cup water
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp onion
1 tsp garlic powder
3 flax eggs (3 tbsp ground flaxseeds + 9 tbsp water)
1 onion, chopped
1/4 soy sauce
½ cup breadcrumbs
1 cup oats
Optional for extra flavour: 2 tbsp miso paste
- Other Ingredients:
2 sheets puff pastry
Plant milk for glazing
Poppy seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper. Add all filling
- ingredients except oats and breadcrumbs to a food processor and process until creamy with small chunks. Make sure the pecans are well broken up. Place mixture in a bowl and add oats and
- breadcrumbs. Stir to combine.
- Half each pastry sheet lengthways so you have four sheets and divide your filling mixture into four. Place each 1/4 of the filling mixture down the middle of each pastry sheet. Wet one side with a bit of water so the pastry will seal easily then roll the pastry over the filling and seal.
- Place rolls sealed side down on the baking tray and brush the tops with some plant milk. Sprinkle with poppy seeds then cut into bite size pieces about 1.5 - 2 cm thick and bake for 10-15 minutes in the oven until golden brown.
- Enjoy hot with your choice of sauce!