Porridge with Mango and CoconutCourse: BreakfastCuisine: Pasifika, EuropeanDifficulty: Easy
100 ml coconut milk
100 g porridge oats
pinch of salt
2 tbsp. unsweetened coconut flakes
50 g chopped mango (fresh or frozen)
- Bring milk to a near boil in a medium saucepan over high heat
- Stir in oats and salt, reduce heat to low, and simmer until oats are tender and creamy, for about 5 minutes.
- Toast coconut flakes until golden in a small dry skillet over low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- To serve, top porridge with coconut flakes and mango.
- Notes: Wholegrain oats are less processed and make a hearty, delicious porridge. Other extras to make your breakfast super-nutritious: add in walnuts (great for omega-3) or blueberries (amazing little anti-oxidants!) or top with chia, hemp or linseed powder (all good for your daily omega-3). If you like porridge a little bit sweeter try finely chopping a date or dried fig and stirring that through.