Rainbow Kale SaladCourse: LunchDifficulty: Medium
Rainbow Kale Salad With Cream Dressing
1⁄2 cup cashews(soaked in boiled water for about 30 + minutes)
1⁄2 cup water
1 clove garlic
1 medium red chilli (optional)
1 medium red tomato
1 tsp white miso
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 head of mixed curly kale
250 g firm tofu
1 cup of thinly sliced purple cabbage
1 large carrot
1⁄2 cup of white sauerkraut
1 green apple
1 red apple
1⁄2 large avocado
salt to taste small handful of fresh coriander
optional: Brazil nuts for garnish & juice of 1 lime
- Drain cashews and add them to a high-speed blender.
- Add water & all other ingredients, blending until completely smooth.
- Remove the kale leaves from their stems and place in a large bowl. Sprinkle the salt over the leaves, firmly squeezing them until they soften – set aside.
- Cube the tofu block into bite-size squares, and fry them for about 10 minutes – set aside.
- Add the sauerkraut to the salted kale, and mix.
- Ribbon your carrot by peeling the carrot to remove the skin, and then continue with the peeler to create thin ribbons. Thinly slice both apples into moon slices. Add these to the kale bowl.
- Add the thinly sliced purple cabbage. Toss all the ingredients together and add 1⁄3 cup, or desired amount, of salad dressing. Transfer the salad to a serving bowl.
- Top with the fried tofu, sliced avocado, fresh coriander, and optional shavings of Brazil nuts (shaved with a grater). Add a squeeze of lime on top.
- Victoria runs a plant-based Food Truck in North Auckland – to follow more on what she does find her on Instagram @vegvannz