Nutty Roast Brussels SproutsCourse: Lunch, SidesCuisine: ChristmasDifficulty: Easy
30 Brussels sprouts (cut in half with the stems sliced off and soaked in water for 20 minutes)
A good drizzle of olive oil
A good sprinkle of pepper
A good sprinkle of salt
A good squeeze of balsamic glaze
15 Shallots (caramelised)
1 cup crushed chestnuts
- Put all your pre-prepared sprouts in a deep(ish) baking tin and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Cover with the caramelised shallots. To caramelise, fry the shallots in olive oil until they’re browned (not burnt) and add some brown sugar if they’re not sweet enough for you.
- Pour over one cup of crushed chestnuts. Put them in the oven and bake at 200℃ (392℉) for 45 minutes.
- Turn them round with a wooden spoon half way through the bake time.
- Serve with all the trimmings.