Roasted RatatouilleCourse: DinnerCuisine: FrenchDifficulty: Medium
450g eggplant, cut into 2 cm dice
650g courgette, cut into 2 cm dice
1 onion, sliced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp salt
4 thyme sprigs, or 2 tsp dried thyme
4 tbsp olive oil
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/4 c chopped fresh basil
- Heat the oven to 220C.
- Combine the eggplant, courgette, tomatoes, onion, garlic, salt, and thyme in a large roasting pan.
- Drizzle with the oil and stir to combine.
- Transfer to the oven and roast, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are lightly browned and tender and some water has released from the tomatoes to create a sauce, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, stir, and return to the oven until the beans heat through, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the basil and stir.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning and serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
- Rather than weighing out ingredients, you can just use 1 large eggplant and 2 or 3 large courgette, a number of cherry tomatos to your liking. You could also add other vegetables such as capsicum.