Sausage and MashCuisine: EuropeanDifficulty: Easy
Vegan sausages (so many brands to choose from at most supermarkets)
Potatoes mashed with vegan butter/spread
Plain soy milk
Salt and pepper
Peas, carrots, broccoli (or vegetables of your choice)
- Boil potatoes. Once cooked mash with vegan butter of your choice, a splash of soy milk, salt and pepper
- Cook sausages according to instructions
- Cook peas, or any other veggies
- Gravy Topping (optional)
- Saute a cup or 2 of sliced mushrooms (and onions if you like) in a little olive oil with garlic salt and pepper, until soft.
- Add 2 tablespoons of flour and stir in briskly.
- Follow with a cup of soy milk (or plant milk of your choice).
- Whisk in as the gravy thickens, and add vege stock (if powder, mix it with hot water first), nutritional yeast if you have it and salt and pepper.
- Add milk or flour as necessary to get the consistency you want.
- Tonzu sausages are pictured – these are very sausagey tasting!
- Mash options – try adding tahini and nutritional yeast to make a creamy cheesy mash, or add angel food cheddar.
- You could make with hash browns (most are vegan), grilled or fried mushrooms and spinach or kale.