Smooth Green Soup
2-3 tbsp olive oil
2 small or 1 large onion, diced
1 cup leek, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
4 smallish potatoes
1 cup broccoli, chopped
2 cups spinach, chopped
5 cups water
½ tsp gluten free
vege stock powder (optional)
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
3tsp salt or to taste
1 cup parsley, chopped
- On a medium-low flame, heat the oil in a heavy-based
saucepan with a lid. Add the onion, cook until starting
to soften but not colour. Add the garlic & leek, keep
gently frying for a few minutes.
- Add the potatoes, broccoli, spinach, water and
optional stock powder. Bring to the boil, then lower
the heat & simmer gently with the lid on, for about 20
- Once the potatoes etc are soft, add the nutritional
yeast, salt & parsley and puree the soup til smooth,
using whichever method suits you best.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor in batches, or
simply use an immersion/stick blender straight into
the pot. Enjoy!
- Smooth, creamy & packed with green goodness!