Day 12 – Spaghetti and MeatballsCourse: DinnerCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
A packet of egg-free spaghetti
Can of tomatoes and a can of nutmeat
2 onions and a red pepper
Small bunch of parsley
4 cloves garlic
2 tsp paprika and salt and pepper
2 tsp cumin
2 TBsp of tomato paste
1/3 cup of chick pea or plain flour
Half a cup of grated vegan cheddar
Oil to cook and 2 Tbsp olive oil
- For the meatballs
- Open a can of nut meat at both ends and push it out.
- Rough chop all of it and mix it in a bowl with a finely chopped onion, 2 crushed garlic cloves, chopped parsley, cumin, salt and pepper, paprika, olive oil and the chickpea flour or plain flour.
- Squash it all together firmly with your hands, adding water to get the right consistency for rolling into balls.
- Roll up and bake the balls for 20 mins in a well-greased tin at medium heat for 20-30 mins or until golden and crispy.
- Roll them over occasionally as they cook.
- For the sauce
- Make a sauce by frying chopped onion, crushed garlic, salt and pepper, till the onion is clear, add the tomato paste- stirring it in for a few minutes, then add the can of tomatoes and cook it through for 10-15 mins.
- When that’s almost done cook your spaghetti by plunging it into a pot of boiling water and cook as per instructions.
- Plate up the spaghetti and spoon over the sauce. Place the meatballs on top with grated vegan cheddar, perhaps other vegies like broccoli and mushrooms and eat!