Sweet Potato and Chickpea BurgersCourse: MainsCuisine: EuropeanDifficulty: Easy
3 med kumara
1 can chickpeas
2 tsp garam masala
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp vege stock
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup coriander
4 burger buns
1 red onion
Vegan mayo, relish or sauce (optional)
- Finely chop the onions and garlic, and place into your fry pan/pot over a medium heat, then stir-fry with water.
- Fry for about 2-3 minutes, or until softened. Then add the frozen peas.
- Add the spices, then fry for 2 minutes – if it’s a little dry at this point, simply add more water to help it out.
- Stir in the beans/chickpeas and simmer until soft. Let the mixture cool and place in mashing bowl.
- Once the sweet potatoes have been baked let them cool and add them to the mashing bowl. Mash all ingredients adding finely chopped coriander for a burst of flavour. You can also add bread crumbs to bind the patty. Make into patties and place on a tray ready for the oven.
- Oven bake the patties for about 15 mins until golden brown.
- We’ve added basil leaves, radish and guacamole to our burger ~ throw in your favourite burger toppings!
Liked this? We think you'll enjoy these recipes:
Liked this? We think you’ll enjoy these recipes: Cook Island Pink Potato Salad • April 30, 2022 Liked this? We think you’ll …